NATIONAL LEVEL LAURELS
- Our young Judoka Suxam Singla very successfully participated in C.B.S.E. National level Judo championship and won GOLD MEDAL in under 25 kg. Category in 2008. She really kicked and punched for Gold at all the levels and was declared the best Judoka of the event. The introduction of the girls Basketball team in 2007 added more glory to the institution. The marbelling of the borders of the Basketball and Badminton Courts will enable the players to play and enjoy the games more efficiently.
Sportsmen of SGHPS bring laurels to the school every year.
- Suxam Singla of 7th B bagged Gold Medal in Judo in National Public School Championships and 1st position in CBSE Inter school sports and games 2004-05.
- Munish Garg of 9th C attended the State Chess coaching camp for participation in Nationals. He bagged 3rd position in State level Chess Tournaments in 2006-07.
- Kamalpuneet Singh of 9th A was declared Man of the Match in the District and State level Cricket Tournaments in 2006-07.
- Harsimran Singh of 9th C bagged the 2nd position in State Level Gymnastic Tournaments in 2005, & in 2009.
- Sahil Shukla of 10th bagged 1st position in National Level Karate & Tie Commando in 2009. Participated in Indo-Nepal open Karate Championship in Nepal and selected for Asian Games.
- Sahil Bawa of 8th bagged 2nd position in CBSE National Judo Championship in 2008.
- Navneet Kaur of 10th bagged 1st position in Chess Tournament organized by NIIT, Bathinda and played with World renowned champion Mr. Vishwanathan Anand and stood 1st in National Chess Tournament in 2009.
- Harsimranpreet Kaur of 10th bagged Gold Medal as Best Board Price in C.B.S.E. Tournaments in Chess in Nov.,2009.
- U/19 Girls team participated in Chess tournament of CBSE North Zone & bagged 2nd position and also participated in National Level at Nagpur & bagged 12th position in 2008.
HONOURS GALORE IN SCIENCE
- The Best Science Project : It is an immense honor privilege bestowed upon us that our school bagged 2nd position at ‘Indian Science Congress’ held at Bangalore. ‘A Blooming Scientist’ of the school, Rupinder Singh Virk was awarded a cash prize of Rupees 10,000/- and the project was appreciated by the president of India, Sh.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam.
- Harmanjot Singh & Mandeep Singh Kalsi exhibited the excellence by securing 2nd position at State Level Science Exhibition in 2004-05. Their participation in National Innovation Foundation added laurels to the institution.
- Gurmukh Singh, our 10th class student won 6th position in ‘State Level Talent Search Examination’ in 2005-06. He is one of the four students selected from the district.
- Our institution is a living dream of many human minds who have, right from its inception, nurtured, moulded, nourished and directed it with great care and painstaking efforts. We nurture and develop the scientific temperament of the students which has resulted in the distinction of our school of representing the distt. in the State level competition consecutively six times. (A Record).